Friday, December 3, 2010

Holiday Art Show and Sale - Opens Tonight!

'Found Apple,'  2009    6" X 5"  Pastel


Here's "Found Apple", a bright little pastel which is exhibited for the first time at the Faustina Gallery's Holiday Art Show and Sale.  I love the glowing colors of this painting, and remember the excitement which I felt in finding this apple out in the wild. I was driving on a back country road, saw the apple, stopped, jumped out and picked it up, and created this painting with appreciation of it's rich and unexpected color. I then got on a roll with a series of paintings of apples from local heirloom trees which I found on horseback rides,  walks, and on our own farm.  Four other works from this series, as well as paintings by several other area artists are featured in this exhibit and sale.  These are smaller works, bright and affordable, perfect for holiday gifts!

I'll be at the reception tonight (6- 9 pm), and would enjoy talking with art appreciators and sharing my work. Here's the gallery info.: Faustina Gallery, 229 Market St., Lewisburg, PA 570-24-5080. The show continues through December. I hope that you can make it!

No comments:

Post a Comment