Tuesday, February 14, 2012

Thinking of Spring



Here's a pastel which I finished today, featuring one of my favorite finds of spring- apple blossoms! I know that we're not quite there today, but I was happy to pull out an image which I started last spring from blossoms from an old variety apple tree that came with our farm. It's one of those tall, older varieties, that creates a nice sculptural form at the edge of our pasture. It was joyful to remember this tree and spring while working on this piece today!

3 comments:

  1. Beautiful colors, Alice. Really feels like Spring is just about here! Here in Philly the flowers are starting to pop up and the willow has a breath of color. Thanks for sharing your painting. - Jeanne

    ReplyDelete
  2. lovely Alice...thanks for a sneak peek into the coming beauty of spring!

    ReplyDelete