Monday, August 27, 2012

Show Coming! Framing flurry!


Framing in-progress!
It's one week to delivery day for my exhibit at Longwood Art Gallery (Kennett Square, PA), and I'm busy framing the newest 'crop' of pastels and oils. Although it's a slow and exacting process (every 1/16" counts, and one smudge on a white mat does it in), I like seeing my paintings through to the final presentation, literally coming off the drawing board, and in to a protected and complimentary frame. Several pieces will be in natural unstained cherry hardwood (custom-made by my husband), and others will appear in a new style gold/ red undertone frame which I recently discovered and like a lot. For more info. about the exhibit in eastern PA (opening reception Friday, Sept. 7, 6- 9 pm), take a look a my website (www.alicekelsey.com)- there's also photos of many of my new works (more coming soon!)

No comments:

Post a Comment