Saturday, November 3, 2012

Rewarding Time at Lewisburg's 'Stroll Through the Arts'

"Redbuds at the River"
I enjoyed sharing my artwork and talking with art appreciators last night at Faustina's Gallery in Lewisburg, PA. I was one of many artists in and about the town sharing our latest creations during the annual 'Art Stroll' event, and greatly appreciate the comments from viewers about what they see and feel in my paintings. Some frequent comments related to a strong sense of color, distinctive style, expressive gestural mark-making, and a poetic quality of overall mood. I'm really glad that these qualities in my paintings come through to viewers, since they are very powerful aspects of what inspires me as an artist, and what I feel that original visual art is able to add to enrich our lives. The joint exhibit, 'Upstream: Images of Susquehanna Waterways,' includes twenty of my recent oil and pastel paintings, and continues through November 17 at Faustina's Gallery. I hope that you get a chance to see it- if so, please let me know what you think! The gallery is located at 229 Market St., Lewisburg, PA and is open Tuesday - Saturday, 10 am - 5 pm, and by appointment (phone 570-524-5080.)

No comments:

Post a Comment