Thursday, April 18, 2013

Framing & More Framing! Show is Coming!

Mat cutter and mat-in-progress
Wow! It's been a long day and I'm still not done! I've been super busy framing oils and pastels for my joint exhibit which opens at the Bellefonte Art Museum in two weeks. I really enjoy seeing the paintings come off the drawing boards (literally!), and off the easel, and radiate in the frames! Although I'm not fond of the attention to detail with framing (every 1/16" matters), I do enjoy selecting frames which work with each piece. There will be many custom hardwood frames (made by my wonderful husband!) in the pieces in the show, including some hard-to-find PA hardwood species. Many of the oils will be in maple floater frames, and some in closed-corner gold leaf frames- it all depends on what the work needs. For more details about the 'Water Ways' show, check out my website www.alicekelsey.com, and I'd love to share the finished paintings AND frames with you if you can drop by the reception (May 5, 1 - 4:30 pm).

No comments:

Post a Comment