Wednesday, March 5, 2014

A Walk in the Woods

I have a painting on my easel that I'm waiting to speak to me about where to go next. I looked and wasn't getting 'leadings', so did some art business work (warm by the woodstove!), then went out on a walk. This was just what I needed! It's been a month or so since I walked very far, given the serious cold, and troublesome footing (icy in places, break-through crusted deep snow in others), and now filled back up with natural wonders, I know how much I've missed it. Today I suddenly felt warm sun (despite cold air), and heard cheery songbirds- a turn towards spring! There were lots of animal tracks- deer, squirrel, rabbit, mice, opposum or skunk, and even a bear who had been searching along a hedgerow. I noted dirt-marked snow which gave away several burrows in a wooded hillside, and a place on a steep slope where a small animal had slid on its belly down the hill. Looks to me like animals are waking up, and all of this life was renewing for me!

1 comment:

  1. Alice....hi...yes the earth is slowing waking up and it makes all seem so much better. Have a wonderful spring!

    ReplyDelete