Friday, June 10, 2011

With and Without Wash

No Wash
With Wash
O.k.- so here they are- both paintings are photographed in the same light so that they are directly comparable. I'd love to hear from viewers about impressions and observations about the look and feel, similarities and differences, between the two paintings. If the 'comments' button doesn't work, you can send your comments to my email (alice@alicekelsey.com) and I'll post them. What do you see?

By the way, the difficulty which I experienced in comparing the images the first time that I posted them (see June 2 blog entry) in the end was a helpful reminder about how lighting affects the colors in photograph of a painting- comparing the Wash painting in this entry (photographed with halogen 'daylight' bulbs) and the previous entry (studio sunlight and daylight florescent lighting) shows profoundly different colors. The real painting looks like the photo above.

No comments:

Post a Comment