Monday, October 18, 2010

Frame hunting

Today was filled with art-related chores.  I'm in the midst of selecting frames for several of my recently completed canvases, and drove 80 miles searching for just the right moulding. The 'hunt' is still on, with several possibilities under consideration, but the magic 'ah-ha' still eludes me.... keep on searching!

I'm excited to be just over two weeks away from my joint exhibition at the Faustina Gallery in Lewisburg, and am about to begin a 'blitz' of framing to prepare the works for exhibition.  My husband builds most of the frames which I use, and I cut the mats myself- a rather exacting activity (every 1/16" counts, and there are many ways to make critical mistakes!), but I find it gratifying to bring the works through this final stage. I enjoy freeing the finished pastel from the drawing board, making final cropping decisions, and mounting it in a compatible frame, where it can then glow brightly on the wall! Very satisfying!

1 comment:

  1. Alice:
    Just discovered your blog. I love seeing the works in progress. Great excitement about your new exhibition.
    Linda ,sitting watching the rain fall in the avocado grove

    ReplyDelete